You are hereHelp support our filmmaking learning center in Mirebalais - new session starts in April 2013
Help support our filmmaking learning center in Mirebalais - new session starts in April 2013
Mirebalais, Haiti Youth Filmmaking Learning Center - New session will start in April 2013
The post-Haitian earthquake period is a challenging time for the youth and young adults in every Haitian community. The Mirebalais Youth Filmmaking Learning Center is being developed to address some of the issues being experienced by the poor youth and young adults in the Mirebalais community in Haiti.
There is a fertile and active community of videographers and filmmakers in Mirebalais, who have numerous needs that cannot be addressed by existing organizations in the community.
Visit the official web site of the center at
Cultural programming can be a powerful tool to help young people make sense of the challenges they face; meaningful experiences in the arts, humanities and sciences can help foster positive growth that is essential to becoming a successful adult.
1. To help the youth of Mirebalais increase their creative skills and talent in arts .
2. To improve the general academic performance of children, youth and young adults in the Mirebalais community in Haiti
3. To increase opportunities for youth to use their skills for the good of the general public, for profit and/or non-profit.
4. To teach children and youth about filmmaking and the film industry and how to market their finished products.
5. To enable Mirebalais youth and children to achieve a school attendance rate of at least 92%.
6. To empower low-income, at-risk youth to work as a team to learn about movie making, including learning about the process of developing concepts, and planning, directing and producing documentary and feature films. MPAH’s “Video and Filmmaking Learning Center for Youth in Boston” program recognizes the fact that the key to performance is experiencing success and that success is always a motivator—Many children and youth are natural movie lovers and are motivated by this to experience all phases of filmmaking, including learning how to create their own films.
The Motion Picture Association of Haiti, Inc. (MPAH) is seeking funding to support the implementation of our Mirebalais Youth Filmmaking Learning Center. This grant will be used as general operating support to aid our efforts to diversify and deliver video programming instruction and production to the youth in Mirebalais, Haiti and by assisting local independent filmmakers through our wide range of services.
Haiti Quake Search
Since the Haitian earthquake the Motion Picture Association of Haitian, Inc. has implemented the “Haiti Quake Search Project” in which we have help about 357 Haitians locate their love one, families and friends in Haiti. We created a website http://www.haitiquakesearch.org and thousands of Haitians have contacted us regarding their missing relatives. The program also place indigenous Haitians on the ground in Haiti to help search for missing relatives and love ones. This was our direct support and contribution to the family members affected by the devastated earthquake that hit Haiti on January 12 2010. As of now the website remain on as a reference database website for the public and the media but the services of locating missing Haitian on the ground are no longer in effect.
Haiti Quake Search PSA
Motion Picture Association of Haiti, Inc. will collect audio, video and filmmaking equipments, text books used and new for distribution in Haiti. The audio, video equipments and books will be distributed to schools and library for Arts school students. Educational Art Institutions in Haiti will be team-up with educational Institutions in the United States in the form of sister institutions. This will include high schools, colleges and Universities. Educational materials and teaching materials will also be collected and distributed to teachers, musicians, filmmakers in Haiti.
Filmmaking Seminar in Haiti for Haitian Filmmakers
To help improve the quality and the professionalism of the Haitian Movies the Motion Picture Association will organize an Annual 1 week filmmaking forum in Haiti for the Haitian Filmmakers where they can discuss the problem and solution to have a better movie industry and learn from the Hollywood actors and filmmakers.Educational Art Institutions in Haiti will be team-up with educational Institutions in the United States in the form of sister institutions.